Monday, March 26, 2007

Incredible Pork Chops




This is what we had for dinner tonight. The most unbelievable pork chops made with all my mix&match spices. Think I hit the jackpot on this recipe. Don't miss the artistic squiggles on the plates - dinner almost got cold I was so busy messing around trying to make it all look fancy.

For Marinade:
1 tbsp Oginga Spice
3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
5 Tbsp Worcester sauce
Crushed Black pepper
Drizzle of Olive Oil
Salt

3 pork chops (fat juicy ones from Costco)
Marinade in above in covered glass dish for one hour

Leftover Green Chutney (with yogurt added)
Leftover Tamarind/Date Chutney

Fire up grill to high and grill chops (oh please don’t ask me for how long, I just happen to know my grill really well and know when it’s done) When almost done put generous amount of chutney on chops and turn over once (I put green on one and tamarind on two. I had tried the tamarind on chops before – the green was an experiment. It is REALLY good. Not sure which one I like better)

I had some leftover Basmati rice, which I tossed around with some butter, parsley, onions and veggies from Trader Joe’s with a squeeze of lemon to finish it off. That was good too.

No comments: