Thursday, April 30, 2009

Molee at the Rowley’s!



I was invited to cook for three wonderful foodies on 19th April, Sunday: Sharon, Donna, and Becky (the Rowley). Becky has beautiful old house and a finely equipped kitchen. You can tell she is a foodie, by the pots and utensils she owns! She has a rambunctious bat-faced puppy, cheeky parrots and two extremely large and serious tortoises. Donna asked if I had seen the tortoises and I said “Where? where?” and was straining my eyes looking for the tiny elusive creatures in the backyard, only to find they were two humongous mountains under my very nose. Big shock!
Main course was Fish Molee, a light Kerela-style stew with Dill Rice, Green Beans stir fry, Pappadum and chutneys, finished up with Assam Tea and Mango Ice cream (Heck no! I did not make the ice cream. I am so not a dessert person. To eat - yes, to make – no). More about recipes and ingredients in next post. Saddest thing is I went and deleted the photos of this session from the camera by mistake before I had downloaded them on to the computer. Dang! Becky says she will send me some that she took. Will update when I receive. Here is the menu for now.

No comments: