Thursday, July 1, 2010

Quick & Dirty Salsa


This is a ‘cheater’s recipe’ (who cares if it tastes good, anyway) with a store-bought starter salsa base, fresh veggies and Karma Chef Raita Seasoning (I use this spice for my Indian yogurt relish – but it works fabulously for salsa)
I am told this is the world’s best salsa by many, many people, and here is the recipe by popular demand. Get your free sample of Karma Chef Raita Spice and make it at home. If you don’t agree this is the world best salsa, I will eat a cockroach and put it on you-tube (OMG – did I just say that?).
Here is recipe:
1 bottle store-bought Salsa (Tostada or whatever – the fire roasted pepper one works even better)
3 ripe tomatoes finely chopped
2 pods crushed garlic
½ cup cilantro
½ cup finely chopped onion
Juice of one lemon
Karma Chef Raita Spice- ½ teaspoon (or adjust to spice level by adding little at a time)
Optional ingredients
I small can fire roasted or regular corn or black beans (drained)
1 Jalapeno (chopped)
Mix all ingredients (excep corn or beans) in a big bowl. Smash with potato masher or back of large spoon (not too much - leave a little lumpy) add corn or beans. Adjust salt. Act like a big cheese gourmand and serve with lots of chips.
PS: Email me for your free sample of Karma Chef Raita Seasoning. Limited time offer while samples last. Hurry! they are going fast!

No comments: